In the last 10 years, digital marketing has changed significantly. People are picking up their mobile phones and tablets more than using their laptop and desktop computers. Content only succeeds if it delivers what consumers want, both when and how they want it.
Video Marketing is one of the few types of online content that provides the value, relevance and the flexibility consumers need while catering to the on-the-go lifestyle they want. As one of the fastest-growing and in-demand forms of marketing today, video marketing is one thing all marketers should be using to craft stories that demand a response.
Video marketing can increase your site’s SEO.
65% of business decision-makers visit a company’s website after viewing a branded video. It’s clear that quality and relevant video marketing content can dramatically improve your site’s SEO by driving people to your homepage. Additionally, video can enhance your conversion rates: HubSpot reports that 39% of business decision-makers contact a vendor after viewing a branded video.
By adding video to your landing pages, website and content offers, it’s easy to improve your company’s SEO value and improve your click-through rates across the board. Videos allow you to increase the time spent by visitors on your site. Thus, longer exposure builds trust and signals search engines that your site has good content.
- Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store (ThinkWithGoogle)
- 80% of consumers believe demonstration videos are helpful when making purchases
- Online shoppers who view demo videos are 1.81x more likely to purchase than non-viewers (DMB Adobe)
- Nearly two-thirds of consumers prefer video under 60 seconds (Animoto)
- People spend on average 2.6x more time on pages with video than without (Wistia)
- 55% of people consume videos thoroughly— the highest amount all types of content (HubSpot, 2016)
- More than 50% of videos are watched on mobile(Ooyala, 2016)
- 6 in 10 YouTube subscribers would follow advice on what to buyfrom their favorite creator over their favorite TV or movie personality (Google, 2017)
- Video is projected to claim more than 80% of all web traffic by 2019.
- Adding a video to marketing emails can boost click-through rates by 200-300%.
- Embedding videos in landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%.
- 90% of customers report that product videos help them make purchasing decisions.
- According to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year.
- 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it.
- 87% of online marketers are currently using video content in their digital marketing strategies.
- A third of all the time people spend online is dedicated to watching videos.
- Video ads now account for more than 35% of all ad spending online.
- 59% of company decision makers would rather watch a video than read an article or blog post.
- Digital marketing expert James McQuivey estimates that a single minute of video content is the equivalent of 8 million words.
Video advertising has become more affordable and widespread. Partly because advanced technologies but also because it’s easily shared across the world. Making marketing videos for your business requires creativity and knowledge of human psychology. A mixture of these components makes it possible to craft stories that demand a response at minimal cost.
Emotionally charged, creative video advertising can be spread on the Internet in a matter of days, getting millions of views. And this is the whole point of video marketing: only the creative survive!